Why Businesses Are Building Mobile Apps [Infographic].
The Rise of the App
Since the iPhone’s release in 2007, an app economy has flourished. What started out as a new space to play games eventually morphed into a social networking platform and is now a driver for business and productivity. How consumers and businesses use mobile applications is constantly evolving. The infographic below provides insight into why non-mobile businesses are building mobile apps in 2016.
Why Businesses are Building Mobile Apps in 2016 Infographic:
(Click to enlarge)
- More individuals use mobile devices than desktop computers.
- On average, 89% of time spent on a mobile phone is spent inside apps.
- A majority of companies that saw a decrease in customer loyalty over the past year do not have a mobile app.
- 80% of millennials do not let their phone out of sight, making mobile a key platform for companies to target millennials.
- A third of businesses use apps to reinvent business processes and another third use apps to automate their existing practices.